Thread Tape from Hansen
Hansen thread tape, also known as plumbing tape or Teflon tape is used to provide a watertight seal on threaded pipe joints.NZD $3.00 – $98.13
Hansen thread tape, also known as plumbing tape or Teflon tape is used to provide a watertight seal on threaded pipe joints. Teflon is a lubricant and the tape lubricates the thread, consequently allowing the joint to be made more smoothly. It also helps prevent the threads from sticking should you need to disassemble the joint.
How to use Thread Tape
- Clean the threads (e.g. with a rag)
- Start two threads from the end of the pipe
- Always wrap the tape in the opposite direction to the pipe when screwed onto the fitting
- Wrap clockwise looking at the end of the pipe
- Maintain tension whilst wrapping
- Wrap away from the end, overlapping as you go and
- Ensure that the plumbing tape is flat and not bunched
- finish after about four to six wraps
- near the end of the thread
- Grip the tape between the thumb and forefinger and pull sharply to break it
- Flatten the thread tape and the pipe is ready to be screwed into the fitting.